There are 3 main types of CPAP Therapy
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) provides one constant air pressure all through the night.
- Automatic positive airway pressure (APAP) therapy automatically varies the pressure all through the night and from night to night if needed. It actively responds to the continuous changes in your upper airway.
- Bilevel therapy (BPAP) provides a higher pressure when you breathe in, and a lower pressure when you breathe out, to maximize comfort.
What Equipment is used in CPAP Therapy?
CPAP therapy starts with a CPAP Machine that provides a light flow of air. The air passes through a heated humidifier (typically used) and then a hose connects this airflow to your chosen mask.
The modern CPAP system is very quiet, comfortable and portable. Most people get used to CPAP therapy within a few days; however after 2 weeks it should become routine.
There are many accessories that will make your life with CPAP more comfortable and effective. VitalAire carries many accessories including:
- Heated wire tubing (for providing high humidity)
- Chin straps
- Speciality masks
- CPAP Pillows
- Hose guards
- Travel invertors and cases
VitalAire has been the leading supplier of CPAP masks and supplies for 30 years. Visit a sleep clinic now at 100 Clinics nationwide.
We provide the most current, comfortable CPAP Machines, Masks and Accessories. Learn more about our top of the line Products from ResMed, Philips Respironics and Fisher & Paykel.
Each CPAP Machine has different comfort features that can change and adjust the flow of air to your throat (example: pressure reduction during exhalation), these need to be adjusted by experienced clinicians
Studies demonstrate that education about Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), follow-up within the first week, a comfortable mask fit, effective therapy monitoring and regular communication with a Healthcare Professional improves treatment success.
Most working people will have insurance that will cover all or a portion of the fee for CPAP therapy. Please check with your insurance company as soon as possible to determine what type or reimbursement is covered by your plan.
Once successfully treated, you can return to enjoying life to its fullest – you will
enjoy both lifestyle and medical benefits.